Shani Pradosh Vrat process, Shani Pradosh Puja Procedure, Shani Pradosh Puja Process
Shani Pradosh is observed if a trayodashi thithi is present on a saturday. The following is the process to observe the Shani Pradosh Vrat
Shani Pradosh Vrat Vidhi or Shani Pradosh Vrat Puja Process
- Devotee should get up early in the morning and take a head bath.
- One should keep reciting “OM NAMAH SHIVAIAH” for most of the time.
- Fast is observed for the whole day.
- Devotee has to take a bath in the evening, one hour before the sunset and should wear the clothes meant to perform the puja.
- Lord Shiva has to be worshipped on a Mandap, on which a Rangoli of Lotus flower is drawn. Five different colors are to be used in drawing of the Lotus.
- This Mandap has to be placed preferably in the North-East corner of the house or room.
- On the Rangoli a Kalash with water is kept on the Mandap and the Kalash is worshipped as Lord Shiva.
- Or few people would perform Abhishekam to Lord Shiva.
- In either process Maha Mruthunjaya Mantra has to be recited for 108 times.
- Shani Pradosh Vrat Katha is read.
- The water in the Kalash or the water of Abhishekam is then given as Prasad to the family members and relatives.
- After which food is eaten. Some devotees eat only fruits and stay awake the whole night reciting the Slokas of Lord Shiva.
Udyapan for Shani Pradosh Vrat
On the day before Udyapan Lord Ganesha has to be worshipped. Devotees have to stay awake on the day before of Pradosham and recite slokas of Lrod Shiva. A Homam or Havan for Lord Shiva is performed on the Pradosham day. After the Havan or Homam, the prasad is distirbuted among friends and family members.
Brahmins are to be fed to their heart content and if possible given Dakshina. After the Brahmins have eaten, should the Devotee observing the Pradosham Vrat should eat.
This concludes the Shani Pradosham Vrat Vidhi.