Do’s and Don’ts of Adhika Masam , Dos and Donts of Adhika Masa , What are to be followed in Adhika Masam, Vrathas and Danas in Adhika Masam
Below is the list of functions that one should not perform during Adhika Masam or Adhika Masa
- Devatha Pratishta : Installing of new idols of God.
- Yagna : Any form of Yagna, homam or any ritual related to Fire.
- Vrats : Any Vrat with respect to any Goddess are prohibhited. The exception being the Ekadashi Vrats during Adhika Masam.
- Choodakarma or Puttu Ventrukalu : Removing of hair for the first time for new borns.
- Vivaha : Performing of Marriages is prohibited in Adhika Masam.
- Gruha Pravesha : House warming or Gruha Pravesha or entering a new house is prohibited in Adhika Masam.
- Hiranyagarbhadanam : Hiranya Garbha Danam is prohibited in Adhika Masam.
- Devotees who wish to go on a pilgrimage for the first time are prohibited to do the same Adhika Masam.